Thursday, June 10, 2010

Remember your wilderness.. April 17, 2010

I've had my ups and downs like everyone else. So as I read about the Israelites in the wilderness I thought of this.

Something goes wrong in your life. You have 2 people to choose to go to for advice or just a shoulder to cry on. One is a friend you've had for years, the other is someone you just met yesterday. Which do you choose? I'm gonna guess you've probably said the person you've known for years. Why? Cause you know them? Cause at some point in your relationship with them, they have shown themselves to be trustworthy. Probably at some time that person was the person who was there for you to lift you up when you were having a hard time walking through life. In being there for you, a trust was built between you and that person. So going back to the person you met yesterday, there's a chance at some point you will also build this bond of trust with them, but most likely, it's gonna take something negative to happen in your life, not necessarily something earth shattering but something that bothers you enough to cause you to do the natural human thing. To reach for help.

I find that people bond much easier in heartache than anything else. This is no surprise to God. He created us this way! Although His purpose was for us to run to Him first. (which I'll be the first to admit, that is something I struggle with & I'm trying to learn..but that's a whole different subject matter anyway) My point being, He knows what makes us tick. He brings us into our own personal "wilderness" in order to give us something to stand and draw on when the rubber meets the road!
When it comes time to fight your big battles, don't you want to know that you have something you can trust and rely on? You think it's hard to trust now?..Imagine having to trust in someone you have no experience with. Imagine having to trust in someone you don't know! Yet people try to do it all the time! If you don't get into the Word, how will you ever know who you are to put your trust in? How will you ever remember, to draw on the fact that in your last "wilderness experience" He proved himself trustworthy! God does not change! He was trustworthy before, I'd be willing to bet He'll never prove himself to be anything less!

If you're going through your wilderness, don't rely on yourself. Rely on your Father! He's molding you! One day everything will make sense, and you'll look back laugh and go, why did I even doubt?

How long will this people despise me? How long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs I have wrought among them? Numbers 14:11

No comments:

Post a Comment