Saturday, January 15, 2011

Does He Wait..

Usually when I spend the night somewhere other than my own bed, I can't sleep. I just lay there looking at the ceiling. The nights drag on. Five hours can seem like fifteen. I lay there wishing that morning would hurry up and come so I can get up and move around.
So usually about two to three hours before everyone else wakes up, as soon as an acceptably "normal" hour to be awake comes around, I'm up. Because I'm not in my own home, there's nothing to do except stare at the walls instead of the ceiling. So I find myself once again, sitting and waiting for someone else to wake up. So I can engage in conversation and spend time with them. I know they're just waking up and probably won't want conversation, but I've been up all night. Silent. For this reason, most times I just give up and go home.
This morning I was thinking. I wonder if God sits and waits until we wake up. I wonder if He has the same excitement waiting for conversation. Does He, like I do, keep checking to see if I'm awake just so He can spend time with me?
I wonder how many times He goes "Yay! She's awake!" Only to see me not make the time to listen and speak back to Him. Hmm.
I'm just glad He doesn't give up and go home like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment