It would be so absolutely amazing to be able to do this! Why do most of the outreaches need to be at Christmas time? They don't. It can be done year round! All it takes is for one person to move with an idea, and others will join.
Yes, this is probably thinking radically, but just once I want to lock the church up on a Sunday morning, and put a sign on the door that says to meet us for a church service out in the middle of the city! Jesus didn't stay in the temple. He touched people where they lived. I'm almost sure He wouldn't gasp if He saw us do something else for church. In fact, I'd be willing to bet He'd be smiling, and say they finally have it.
Anonymous said...I think a lot of people feel the same way but they never open their mouth, thinking someone else will and then nothing ever happens. We (meaning people in general, including myself) are too lazy or they just dont want to bother with having too many people in their life. I have often thought that we need to have a pm service outside one night so people can see what is really important. The people in Honduras have church outside under a tent, on wooden pew (that kill your back), with no a/c. They never complain.
ReplyDelete